True to our name, we make ice cream the same way you would. We start with fresh cream and real vanilla and add lots of your favorite treats, and the finest fruits and nuts. We absolutely will not skimp on the quantity or quality of what goes into our ice cream. We can taste the difference, and we think you will too. So enjoy some delicious United Dairy Farmers Homemade Brand Ice Cream today and you'll know why... Nothing Tastes Better Than Homemade. SM
Learn how we make our ice cream.
History of Homemade Brand:
- United Dairy Farmers began manufacturing and selling ice cream in 1939 under the UDF brand name. Over the years, UDF ice cream became known for its outstanding quality and taste.
- In 1982, a totally new, premium ice cream was introduced into the dairy stores. Named “Homemade Brand” for its use of heavy levels of fresh condiments and low overrun, the line was the result of two years of research and 32 different test formulations.
- In 1984, People Magazine chose Homemade Brand Cookies ‘N Cream as the #1 ice cream in the “Exotic” category. The popular flavor was selected from 888 entries submitted by 248 dairies across the U.S. and Canada.
- As a result of the glowing endorsement, distribution of Homemade Brand ice cream was quickly expanded into grocery stores throughout the mid-central region of the country.
- Today, Homemade Brand ice cream can be found in grocery stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- All frozen products manufactured by United Dairy Farmers, including all Homemade Brand products, are now certified Kosher Dairy under the supervision of the Kashruth Division of the Orthodox Union, Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America, 11 Broadway, New York, NY 10004.